This tutorial is about fixing the Skype Custom Video Background issue. We will do our best to help you understand this guide. I hope you enjoy this blog How to fix “Skype Custom Video Background” issue. If your answer is yes, please share with your friends after reading this.
Check out how to fix Skype custom video background problem
People are getting a new Skype update this week. The update adds support for custom backgrounds in video calls on Windows, macOS, Linux, and web devices. The update isn’t available for Skype for Windows 10 (version 14), but it’s available in the desktop version of Skype, which you can get on Windows 10 at the time. during this week. There are several ways to use Skype in Windows 10, and few of them support custom wallpapers in video calls.
Microsoft’s name for its various Skype apps can be confusing, but if you want to use custom backgrounds in Windows, choose the desktop version of Skype. Zoom calls its version of this feature virtual funds. We even collected our favorite pictures to change Zoom’s virtual background. The same images can of course also be used with the latest version of Skype. Do you want to make it look like you’re calling from the Starship Enterprise or the office set? It’s as easy as a simple configuration change in Skype.
How to customize or blur the background of all video calls in Skype?
These are some key points to keep in mind before starting the process.
- Your PC or laptop must have the updated version 184.108.40.206 of Skype
- Skype recommends using landscape images, and these custom images should be saved locally on your desktop.
If you’d like to replace your current wallpaper with a custom wallpaper for every video call you make on Skype, follow these steps:
- Open the updated Skype app on your Windows, Mac, or Linux device. You can also switch to the web version.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Go to Settings> Audio and Video.
- In the Select Background Effect option, select Blur to blur the background of each video call.
- Otherwise, if you’d like to enable a custom background, click the Add Image option and choose an image from your local hard drive.
How can I adjust or blur the background during a video call in Skype?
There are times when you haven’t adjusted your wallpaper settings and suddenly you need to join an important video call. Don’t worry, you can customize or blur your background even while on the call. These are the steps to do it:
- During the call, hover over the Video button or tap the More menu.
- Go to the Select Background Effects option.
- Select the Blur option to automatically blur your background.
- Otherwise, if you want to customize it, click the Add Picture option to add a custom background for that particular video call.
- If you want to delete the previously uploaded background image, please click on the cross icon in the upper right corner of the image.
That was it for our guide on using Skype’s custom background and blur features. Whether you want to look like you’re calling from The Office or Iron Throne Sets, adding a custom wallpaper to video calls is always fun and makes you feel more comfortable on the screen. Also, it will make video sessions with your friends or family more enjoyable if you try some amazing or funny backgrounds.
Final words: how to fix ‘Skype Custom Video Background’ issue
I hope you understand this article How to fix “Skype Custom Video Background” issueif your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section of this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your family and friends.