This tutorial is about using the Google Assistant on Windows, macOS and Linux. We will do our best to make you understand this guide. I hope you enjoy this blog How to use Google Assistant on Windows, macOS and Linux. If your answer is yes, please share after reading.
Review Google Assistant usage on Windows, macOS, and Linux
Google Assistant is Google’s answer to Amazon’s smart home assistant Alexa. Originally only available with limited functionality in the Google Allo app, the Google Assistant was later introduced with the Google Home and Pixel smartphones to offer consumers the full power of the Google Assistant. After a few months of waiting, smartphones running Android 6.0+ have also received Google Assistant, and just a few days ago Google released the Google Assistant SDK, which allows Assistant to run on virtually any platform. Google has a large number of applications with very useful functions for our daily life, such as Google Maps and Google Photos, but the application that makes our life easier and improves our productivity is undoubtedly the Google Assistant virtual assistant.
The Google Assistant, which we can activate with the OK Google command, makes some daily tasks easier, such as calling a friend or family member, saving an appointment or a reminder to the calendar, adding a note to Keep, listening to the messages, etc . tell us about the weather or manage our home automation devices. However, one of the problems with Google Assistant is that we can only use it through its official client on our Chrome OS smartphones and devices.
How to use the Google Assistant on Windows, macOS and Linux
Register your PC
- First, download the Google Assistant client from Github.
- Install the client.
- Open the Google Actions console.
- Make sure you sign in with your Google email address.
- Click New Project.
- Accept the Terms of Service by clicking Yes in the pop-up dialog.
- Enter a project name and a country name and click on Create project.
- On the next page, scroll down to Looking for device registration?
- Click the Click Here option.
- Now click Register Model to embed Google Assistant on your PC.
- Enter the product name, manufacturer name and device type.
- In this step you need to click on Download Oauth 2.0 Credentials.
Enable the Google Assistant API for your device
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform console
- Click the Select project drop-down menu to open the project you previously created in the previous section
- The previously created project is now displayed. Click on it to highlight it and click Open.
- In the left pane, click APIs and Services.
- You will be taken to another screen. Click Enable APIS AND SERVICES.
- Now type Google Assistant in the search box.
- The resulting Google Assistant API is displayed. Click on it to select it.
- Then click Activate.
- In the left pane, click Credentials.
- Then click Configure consent screen on the right side.
- Set User Type to External and click Create.
- Enter your email id in the application information.
- Scroll down and re-enter your email id under Developer Information.
- Now click on save and continue.
- This will take you to the Areas section. Don’t change anything and just click save and continue.
- You will be taken to the Optional Information section.
- Click Save and Continue again.
- Click Add User if you want to add multiple test users.
Final Words: Using Google Assistant on Windows, macOS, and Linux
I hope you understand this article How to use Google Assistant on Windows, macOS and Linux, if your answer is no, you can ask anything in the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, then please share this article with your family and friends.