Get instant notifications when there’s news about your stocks. Claim your 1 week free trial StreetInsider Premium here.
- Alphanumeric keyboard for PIN access
- FIPS 140-3 Level 3 (pending) certified
- Operating system and device independent
- Multi PIN option (admin and user)
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Kingston Digital, Inc., the flash memory subsidiary of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a global leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced the release of the Kingston IronKey™ Keyboard 200 (KP200), the industry’s first drive to offer the latest FIPS 140-3 Level 3 security for your data.
This press release is multimedia. View the full press release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220912005061/en/
Kingston IronKey™ Keypad 200, the industry’s first drive to offer the latest FIPS 140-3 Level 3 security for your data, with alphanumeric keypad and multi-PIN option. (Photo: Business Wire)
The IronKey™ Keypad 200 was designed with robust protection and flexible use in mind – it offers hardware-based XTS-AES 256-bit encryption in a feature-rich and operating system-independent alphanumeric keypad. The KP200 has a built-in rechargeable battery, allowing users to unlock the drive with the keyboard for easy-to-use PIN access without software. Once unlocked, users can access their data by plugging the drive into any device that supports USB Type-A flash memory, making it a plug-and-play device in any IT ecosystem.
KP200 is FIPS-140-3 Level 3 (pending) certified for military security, and the drive’s circuitry is coated with tamper-resistant tough epoxy to prevent access to its internal components without damaging them. For further protection, the keyboard is covered with a protective polymer layer to prevent fingerprint analysis on the keys.
KP200 supports a multi-PIN option that allows the use of separate admin or user PINs. KP200 locks out the user PIN after ten failed login attempts, but if both PINs are enabled the Admin can be used to recover a user PIN and access to the drive. If the Admin PIN itself is entered incorrectly 10 times in a row, the built-in brute force attack protection will crypto-erase the drive, permanently destroying the data and resetting the device. In addition, KP200 can protect against malware from untrusted systems with two different read-only modes, allowing the administrator to write-protect the drive during a specific session or globally for all user sessions.
“The Kingston IronKey KP200 is the first drive to pass NIST’s latest FIPS 140-3 Level 3 military security certification lab tests,” said Richard Kanadjian, director of encrypted operations at Kingston. “Because no software is required and the keyboard is easy to use, KP200 is the best solution for those who want flexibility while maintaining the highest level of security for storing sensitive data on the go.”
KP200 adds security enhancements for FIPS 140-3 Level 3:
– Minimum PIN length ranges from 7 to 8 digits (maximum 15) for stronger PIN security
– No factory preset PIN – User must set a PIN on first use
– Regular self-tests to ensure fully operational safety features – KP200 will shut down if a problem is detected
– Automatic shutdown under excessive temperature and voltage conditions
– Improved random number generator to strengthen encryption key generation
The Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 has available storage capacities from 8GB to 128GB and is backed by a three-year limited warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. Visit kingston.com for more information.
Kingston IronKey Keyboard 200
8GB IronKey Keyboard 200
16GB IronKey Keypad 200
32GB IronKey Keypad 200
64GB IronKey Keypad 200
128GB IronKey Keypad 200
Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 Features and Specifications:
- FIPS 140-3 Level 3 (pending) certified: KP200 now meets new military-grade FIPS 140-3 Level 3 security specifications published by NIST; It has completed certification laboratory testing and is in the review cycle for final NIST approval. This is an enhanced version of the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 specification that further enhances the drive’s security features and tamper resistance. It includes XTS-AES 256-bit encryption along with brute force and BadUSB attack protection with digitally signed firmware. Its circuits are covered with a special layer of epoxy that makes it virtually impossible to remove components without damaging them. This tough epoxy stops attacks on the semiconductor components.
- Operating system and device independent: If the KP200 uses a rechargeable battery, the keyboard can be used to unlock the drive without software and then connect it to any system that supports a USB Type-A mass storage device. This gives users the most flexibility across different platform types and operating systems.
- Multi PIN option: Users have the option to set up a user or an admin/user mode. Admin can be used to recover a user PIN and grant access to the drive if the user PIN is forgotten or if the drive is locked after the maximum of 10 user login attempts has been reached.
- Global and session read-only (write-protected) modes.: Both the administrator and the user can set a session-based read-only mode to protect the drive from malware on untrusted systems. The administrator can also set a global read-only mode that will put the drive in read-only mode until reset.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Capacities1: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Interconnects: Type A
USB 3.2 Gen 1
8GB – 128GB: 145MB/s read, 115MB/s write
8GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
16GB – 128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions (drive with sleeve): 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
- Dimensions (drive without sleeve): 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Waterproof/Dustproof3: Certified according to IP57
- Operating temperatur: 0°C to 50°C
- storage temperature: -20℃ to 60℃
- Compatibility: USB3.0/USB3.1/USB3.2 Gen1
- Minimum system requirements: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Warranty/Support: 3-year warranty, free technical support
- Compatible with: OS independent: Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, Linux®, Chrome OS™, Android™4 or any system that supports a USB mass storage device.
Kingston® IronKey™ Keypad 200 includes DataLock® Secured Technology licensed from ClevX, LLC. www.clevx.com/patents
1 Some of the listed capacity on a flash memory device is used for formatting and other functions and is therefore not available for data storage. Therefore the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is stated on the products. See Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide for more information.
2 Speed may vary based on host hardware, software and usage.
3. The product must be clean and dry before use.
4 Compatible Systems.
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
From big data to laptops and PCs to IoT-based devices such as smart and wearable technology to design-in and contract manufacturing, Kingston helps deliver the solutions used to live, work and play. The world’s largest PC manufacturers and cloud hosting companies rely on Kingston for their manufacturing needs, and our passion powers the technology the world uses every day. We strive to look beyond our products to see the bigger picture, to meet our customers’ needs and to provide solutions that make a difference. To learn more about how Kingston is with you, visit Kingston.com.
Source: Kingston Digital, Inc.