As promised last month, after NVIDIA DLSS was first released on Linux via Valves Proton with compatibility for Vulkan games like DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood and No Man’s Sky, the new version of Proton (6.3.8) was released yesterday and has added NVIDIA DLSS support for DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 games.
Needless to say, this is by far the largest group of games compatible with NVIDIA’s deep learning super sampling technology, out of the 130+ games and apps that support it. For example from the latest DLSS additions Deathloop, Back 4 Blood, Battlefield 2042, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition, Alan Wake Remastered, FIST: Forged In Shadow Torch, Bright Memory Infinite, Jurassic World Evolution 2, Chivalry II, The Elder Scrolls Online, Swords of Legends Online, Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Assetto Corsa Competizione are all DX11 and / or DX12 titles. Only Crysis Remastered Trilogy, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Baldur’s Gate III support Vulkan.
In addition to the NVIDIA DLSS expansion, the latest version of Proton also improved compatibility for a number of popular titles (see below) and added initial support for a few games that use BattlEye Anti-Cheat: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and ARK: Survival Evolved. This is important as part of Valve’s ongoing work to make more games with anti-cheat engines compatible with Steam Deck running on Proton.
- The following games are now playable:
- Age of Empires 4
- Assassin’s Creed
- Breath of Death VI
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II single player (202970)
- FIA European Truck Racing Championship
- Game Dev Tycoon
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
- Greed Fall
- Mafia II (Classic)
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (AMD GPUs only)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (ME1 has no working audio, see # 4823)
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game 2
- Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
- Penny Arcades On the Rain-Slicked Precipice of Darkness 3
- RiMS races
- The riftbreaker
- Sun survivor
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
- Support for . added a first line of BattlEye games.
- Improve game compatibility with Valve’s CEG DRM.
- Supports DLSS in DX11 and DX12 games (guarded by
dxgi.nvapiHack = False).
- Supports the latest Steamworks SDK.
- Fixes crashes in Project Wingman, Satisfactory and other Unreal Engine 4 games with the Vulkan renderer.
- Fixed a sporadic crash when starting Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Fixed bug with networked multiplayer in RaceRoom Racing Experience.
- Fixed cutscene desynchronization in Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey.
- Fixed audio stuttering in the Gahkthun Steam Edition.
- Fixes Atomic Shop and random crashes when launching in Fallout 76.
- Fixed Paradox Launcher (used by Europa Universalis IV) not displaying anything.
- Fix video freezing and game stuck in Deep Rock Galactic.
- Fix Industries of Titan doesn’t list resolutions and monitors.
- Fixed Bloons TD6 not being able to access the account settings, see
- Fixed that Project CARS ignored 3 entries after Alt + Tab.
- Fix Alt key to Alt + tabbing there and back for Warhammer: Chaosbane.
- Support Thai characters in Mirror and other Unity games.
- Support Korean and Arabic characters in the Cyberpunk 2077 launcher.
- Resolve connection problems in Satisfactory on systems with multiple network interfaces.
- Fix Biomutant videos won’t play.
- Update dxvk to v1.9.2-13-g714ca482.
- Update vkd3d-proton to v2.5-50-g0251b404.
- Update wine-mono to 6.4.1.