ENVIRONMENT: A technology company based in Stellenbosch is looking for an ambitious tier 1 support engineer who is mainly responsible for investigating and processing basic support tickets (problems / issues) from customers and escalating them if necessary. You need matrix / class 12, a relevant ICT qualification (diploma etc.) with a database module in the course and are proficient in SQL / Oracle databases and Linux including RedHat. You must be willing to work shifts, including 1 evening each [URL Removed] learn and know our products by heart.
- Abitur / Grade 12.
- Relevant ICT training (diploma etc.) with a database module in the course.
- Experience with SQL / Oracle databases.
- Experience with Linux (especially Oracle or RedHat).
- All of this with above-average results.
- Own transport.
Good to have
- Experience in a 24/7 ICT help desk environment with applicable SLAs.
- Experience in the telecommunications environment, particularly with regard to cellular network operators.
- Interest in the ICT industry and in particular in mobile network operators.
- Interest in international affairs.
- Full of energy and self-reliant.
- Solid communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good reporting skills (written and oral).
- Attention to detail.
- Capable of multitasking.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Team player.
We would like to respond to every application, but if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying to Make sure you meet the minimum requirements for the position. JustSA citizens are considered for this role. If you are not at the named location of one of the positions, please note your relocation plans in all applications for positions and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your resume to [Email Address Removed] and state the reference numbers of the positions. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Find out more / Apply for this position